Air Force Global Strike Command (AFGSC) has developed the Striker Airmen Coder (SAC) program as an effort to develop Air Force coders who are able to create innovative and efficient technical solutions in their local units. AFGSC has opened the program to local higher education institutions in order to allow undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain real world experience in web and mobile app development.
This independent study is geared to work alongside Airmen to develop solutions to AFGSC software needs. Students will be directed by Ruby Shore Software’s senior developers for the duration of the program. The program will start at the end of August 2021, and last for three months. The deadline for applications is July 1, 2021.
- Gain invaluable experience collaborating with a military institution
- Develop unique problem-solving software products
- Learn insightful methodologies and technologies for industry development
- Utilize provided hardware
- Network with potential future employers
- Earn course credit (BPCC)
- Receive a stipend of $2,500.00
- Must be able to travel to various Shreveport-Bossier locations for meetings as necessary
- Must be currently enrolled in a local higher education institution as a Junior, Senior, or Graduate student (or a 2nd year student at BPCC)
- Must be studying Computer Science or related field
- Must commit to between 10-15 hours of work a week
- Must complete necessary background check
- Submit to strikewerx.dev. Applications must be submitted by July 1, 2021.
If you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.