MAY 28, 2020
Virtual Ribbon Cutting
TIME: 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
LOCATION: Air Force Global Strike Facebook page
A special ribbon cutting event will open the STRIKEWERX Innovation Hub in Bossier City, LA. Guest speakers and officials will discuss how the hub’s innovation and collaboration capability will see academia and industry join forces with the Air Force to solve Air Force Global Strike Command challenges.
JUNE 4, 2020
4th Annual SBIR Seminar
TIME: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
LOCATION: Virtual Event
The Doolittle Institute’s annual Small Business Technology Transfer and Small Business Innovation Research (STTR/SBIR) event returns for a fourth year! This event will feature loads of handy resources for small businesses, industry, the Air Force, media, venture capitalists, and investors.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the annual SBIR/STTR Seminar will be held virtually this year. Participants will receive clarity and insight into the SBIR/STTR process updates within the Air Force. The content will be beneficial to small businesses, industry as a whole, and to those in the Air Force interacting with the SBIR program.
- Current SBIR/STTR updates and processes
- Transitioning technology
- Venture capital engagement
- Pitch Day process
- Finding a match for your technology
1. David Shahady, Air Force SBIR/STTR, Program Director
2. Aneel Alvares, Lt Col, USAF, Defense Engagement Team at Defense Innovation Unit (DIU)
- Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) History & Overview
- The DIU Commercial Solutions Opening Process
- How DoD Organizations & Commercial Firms Can Work with DIU
3. Stacy Swider, Director, SBIR Center of Excellence at UMass Lowell Research Institute
4. Christopher Benson, AFWERX, SBIR, STTR, AF Ventures
- The 2018 National Defense Strategy and AF Ventures
- AF Ventures Process Overview
- How to best leverage the AF Ventures Process
5. Rich Julien, Amazon Web Services, Public Sector Venture Capital and Startups
6. Angela Grayson, CIPP/US, CLP, patent, trademark, copyright, and technology law attorney
- Topic: Commercializing Technology Through SBIR: Understanding Your Intellectual Property Rights
– Identifying the intellectual property in science and technology startups
– Understanding the legal fundamentals of collaborations when jointly developing technology
– Understanding the importance of developing a framework for managing collaborations
– Identifying issues to avoid in collaborations when jointly developing technology
JUNE 26, 2020
STRIKEWERX Open House No. 2
TIME: 2-4 p.m.
LOCATION: STRIKEWERX Innovation Hub
Due to demand, Air Force Global Strike Command leads on Innovation and Science Technology will hold a second meet and greet to explain how innovation, collaboration, and realization will combine to solve Air Force Global Strike Command challenges.
3 Flights are available:
- 2-2:30 PM (VIRTUAL ONLY)
- 2:45-3:15 PM
- 3:30-4 PM
Spots are limited. RSVP now to save your flight time. Only 1 representative per organization, please.
Note: Virtual networking is only available from 2-2:30 PM. Only 1 representative per organization, please.